Polkadot DeFi: Everything You Need to Know About Polkadot’s First DeFi Panel Series
Polkadot DeFi is a recurring event for all things DeFi on Polkadot. The inaugural event will occur at 9pm UTC on August 26, where some of the most well-known and respected names on Polkadot and in DeFi in general will spark up conversations on a variety of topics related to DeFi on Polkadot.
Since DeFi summer in 2020, the anticipation for DeFi on Polkadot has been incredibly strong. Polkadot’s minimal transaction costs, shared security, interoperability, and generally cooperative framework make it the ideal place for DeFi to take its next steps onto the world’s stage. Now that the moment has finally come, Polkadot DeFi, brought to you by the Web3 Foundation and Parallel Finance, will provide regular coverage on DeFi’s role on Polkadot, Polkadot’s role in DeFi, and DeFi’s role in finance at large.
The inaugural Polkadot DeFi panel series speakers include Dieter Fishbein, Head of Ecosystem Development at the Web3 Foundation; Parallel’s very own Yubo Ruan, Founder and CEO; Bette Chen, Co-Founder of Acala; Jacob Phillips, Researcher at Polychain Capital, Derek Yoo, CEO of Moonbeam; and the conversation will be moderated by Helena, Head of Business Development & Operations at Parity Technologies.
This will be a fairly free-form conversation, and many different topics will be covered, including, but not limited to the following:
- How Parallel can help proof-of-stake chains like Polkadot and Kusama can provide higher yield
- Moonbeam’s plan for bringing ETH and ERC20 assets into KSM and the new partnerships
- Acala’s partnership with Current and their next move after launching Karura swap and aUSD
- How to research like Polychain Capital and what to expect when you do
- Futuristic predictions of what DeFi on Polkadot will be like in the years to come